For a true newborn session, I recommend having your session within the first 12 days of birth. This is a crucial time period for those sweet sleeping poses, and also right before baby acne sets in. Newborn session can take anywhere from 2-4 hours, depending on how well your baby sleeps. These sessions are done mostly nude, so there is no need to stress over outfits. I provide headbands, hats, wraps, and plenty of other accessories, but do feel free to bring your own items that you would like to use.
If you would like to schedule a newborn session, I strongly advise that you book your session as early as your second trimester. If you happen to go into labor early or the baby decides to come late, that’s ok! Please contact me as soon as the baby is born so we can put a solid date on the schedule.
Here are a few helpful tips to get you ready for your session:
- Keep the baby awake as much as possible before the session
- Try to not feed the baby for about 2-3 hours before you arrive at the studio so that he/she can be fed at the beginning of the session
- For the ride here, dress the baby in something that can easily be taken off without going over his/her head
- Also for the ride here, don’t fasten the diaper tightly to avoid diaper marks (you may want to put a receiving blanket or cloth diaper under him in the car seat, in case of an accident)
- If you’re bottle feeding, make sure to bring extra bottles and formula
- A pacifier, even if your baby is not taking one
- The photo session will tire your baby out and he/she will get hungry sooner and will most likely require a feeding sooner than scheduled
Be sure to check out the Baby’s First Year specials!